City of Boston Credit Union has a wide variety of home loans sure to meet the diverse needs of our membership, from first time home buyers, new purchases, refinancing and Veteran’s programs.
City of Boston Credit Union finances owner-occupied properties (1-4 family) up to 95% of the lower of the purchase price or appraised value. CBCU offers mortgages up to a maximum of $900,000.00. Contact us at 617-635-2465 to discuss a FREE mortgage prequalification. Visit our Loan Rates page for current rates and terms available. Use our calculator to get an idea of how much your monthly mortgage payment would be.
First Time Home Buyer Program
Contact us at 617-635-2465 for our special rates and terms for first time home buyers.
We also finance up to 80% of the purchase price for second homes.
Special Mortgage Programs
City of Boston Credit Union participates in various special mortgage programs, please contact us at 617-635-2465 about available options.
City of Boston Credit Union has special mortgage programs for veterans through our partner Allanach Mortgage (brokers license MA#MS6033). Check out the current rates by clicking here.
Mortgage Loan Application Check List:
1. W-2’s and signed income tax returns (1040) for last two years.
2. One month’s pay stubs
3. Bank statements for loans you owe – if obligations are to be paid off
4. Bank statements for assets you own (checking, savings, CDs, etc.) – two months
5. Current credit card statements and statements for other obligations – if obligations are to be paid off
6. Current mortgage balance statement – if refinancing
7. Copy of deed with recording information or copy of Certificate of Title
8. Substantiate rental income by lease or letter from tenant – if applicable
9. Written explanation of any reported credit deficiencies
10. Fully completed and signed Mortgage Application – please type or print neatly
11. Real estate tax bill showing current assessed value
12. A 6-d certificate if your property is a condominium – issued by Condo Association (needed at closing)
Please submit copies of these additional documents for purchase:
1. Signed Purchase and Sale Agreement
2. If house has a septic system – Title V Septic System Report
3. Proof of payment of deposit
4. Proof of funds available for down payment and closing costs
5. Gift letter, if down payment is by a cash gift or a gift of equity in property
Appointments are necessary when applying for Home Mortgages or Home Equity Loans, however, you may pick up an application package anytime at any branch location. When your ready to submit your application and appropriate materials please contact your nearest branch location to set up your appointment. Applications dropped off without an appointment will not be accepted.